Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Reading in Circles

I still remember what I said when I opened the Kindle I received for Christmas some years ago. It was "get back from me, Satan," or some such line, punctuated with a laugh and accompanied by lots of thank-you's. Because it was a lovely gift and I appreciated it, even though I'd always said I'd never use one of the things.

The Kindle has been used often since then, and it has especially been pressed into service the last few months. I've found free classics to consume on it, purchased a novel my book group was reading, and it's now on top of my bedside table book pile.

A digital e-reader is perfect for these digital times, but, more to the point, the Kindle is just one of several book delivery platforms. I can listen to a book, courtesy of another generous gift (this one for Audible), I can read one on my computer through the library's lending service, I can use my Kindle or ... I can read a good, old-fashioned book.  I was saving the best for last.  

Labels:

blogger counters