Sunday, August 30, 2020

Slower Walk


It's the kind of day I'd like to bottle, to store it up for a cold gray March morning. The humidity has broken and the breeze is blowing in a different season. It's still solidly summer, but with a hint of the autumn to come.

It is, in short, too glorious a morning to rush through ... so I took my time on this morning's walk.  I eschewed my usual fast pace for a more leisurely stroll. I looked up more often, found a big fat cloud to keep in my sights, enjoyed the view of the Blue Ridge I can see from the top of West Ox Road.

And on the way home, I ogled the three new houses that have shot up in the development across the road, noted all their windows, wondered how you will get to them since their backs are to the street. 

Idle thoughts for a lovely morning, a morning just now turning to afternoon. 

blogger counters