Friday, July 30, 2021

Space Relations

Never my strong suit on standardized tests, what we used to call space relations is not one of those fusty academic subjects that never comes in handy later in life.  It's an aptitude you can use! 

Right now, for instance, it would be nice to know if the two large (and growing) piles of stuff I've been collecting for the lake will fit in our two smallish sedans. One of these cars will have a kayak strapped on the top, or at least that's the plan, so that must be taken into consideration, weight-wise. 

My record in these areas is dismal. I can't even figure out how big a Tupperware I need for leftovers, often trying one too small before I finally hit it right. The difference in cubic feet between a dollop of green beans and the mountain of food, fans, towels and other essentials growing upstairs and down is, well, stunning. 

The hour of judgment is coming. I have a feeling it will also be the hour of jettisoning. 


Labels: , , ,

blogger counters