Tuesday, September 28, 2021

First Paper

As I plunge further into class readings, further into class itself, I notice a difference in the way I'm thinking. Is it possible ... could it be ... is a new logical cast creeping into my thought process? 

The class topics are some of the big ones facing society: medical research and ethics, life extension and new methods of reproduction, artificial intelligence and information technologies. 

The philosophers and historians and scientists I'm reading are dealing with these changes in language that is sometimes clear, sometimes obscure but always logical. There is little in the writing that appeals to the emotions; it's all about appealing to the intellect. 

There is a certain tidiness in this approach. But I haven't written this way in a long, long time. Fingers crossed that I can. My first paper is due today.

Labels: ,

blogger counters