Friday, October 15, 2021

Golden Leaves

Midway through this mellow month, I sit outside at my "deck desk" with the backyard spread before me. The grass looks far less lush than it did a few months ago, the brown patches more numerous. But much effort has gone into that lawn, and I appreciate the grassy patches where they grow.

At the far back of the lot sits the new garden bench, its right side ever so slightly higher than its left, a detail I noticed only after I had posted the photo in a post about its arrival

That small imperfection fits the yard, melds perfectly with the weeds and the section of missing fence and the stray patches of poison ivy that are still here despite our best efforts. 

It's not a pristine backyard, but there are birds chirping and ornamental grasses flourishing and golden leaves that catch the light. 

Labels: ,

blogger counters