Monday, October 4, 2021

In the Can

Not to get too meta here, but writing this blog is largely a seat-of-the-pants enterprise. Most of my life has been tightly scripted until recently, so I've wanted to keep this writing loose and open. 

I've also resisted the temptation to draft a bunch of posts on the weekend to carry me through the first few busy days of the week. The details of the day are my inspiration, and they usually (kinda sorta) pull me through.

But recently, I've found myself writing several posts a day. This may be, probably is, a momentary thing. Inspiration tends to go in cycles, I've noticed. And it is undoubtedly made possible by the gift of time. 

Whatever the reason, though, it's meant that, for the first time in forever, I have a few posts "in the can," as we liked to call them back in my magazine editor days. 

They will come in handy on the days when the muse of daily inspiration is otherwise occupied. 

Labels: ,

blogger counters