Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Turning 13!

It seems just the other day it was toddling around, cutting its first teeth, skinning its knees. Now my blog has plunged headlong into its teenage years. Thirteen years ago today I wrote the first post for A Walker in the Suburbs, thinking that I might write every so often and coax it along for a year or two.

In the same way that parents of a newborn can't picture sitting in the passenger seat as their "baby" drives a car, so could I not imagine my blog turning 13.  

But the years pass, and the quest for toys becomes the quest for boys ... and here we are. Will my blog start demanding the car keys? Will it sneak out the basement window? Will it hide a skimpy sweater in its backpack and change when it gets to school?  

All I can say is, I'm prepared for anything. 

Labels: ,

blogger counters