Sunday, May 7, 2023

My Man

A late post, but I can hardly let the day pass without acknowledging that it's the 190th birthday of the composer Johannes Brahms, who I once described (cringe) as "my man" (see profile).

That may be flippant, but I have always loved Brahms' symphonies, concertos, chamber music and other works. I even try to play some of his piano pieces when I'm feeling confident. 

What caught my eye this evening was this rather studly likeness of Brahms, based on a 3-D render, created by artist Hadi Karimi, who uses 3D modeling programs to recreate artists of the past using photos (if there are any), portraits and death and life masks. 

In the text that accompanied his Brahms creation, Karimi said this project was relatively easy because by the mid-nineteenth century photography was popular enough that there were several taken of Brahms. For this rendition, Karimi pictures the composer in his 30s. Quite a departure from the bearded fellow we usually see. 


(Top photo: Hadi Karimi. Bottom photo: Wikipedia)


Labels: ,

blogger counters