Tuesday, July 25, 2023

It's Barbie!

My first one had a bouffant hairdo, not the iconic ponytail. But I loved her just the same. 

I'm talking about Barbie, of course, the doll being celebrated in a new feature film directed by Greta Gerwig.

In honor of the film and of the Barbiemania sweeping the country, I picked up this beauty in the basement. She is, like all my daughters' dolls, much loved. 

Her hair is matted and her dress is stained, but she is the most intact and presentable Barbie I could find. Many of her buddies are missing arms or have short haphazard haircuts. (The fact that dolls' hair doesn't grow back was a fact my kids couldn't seem to grasp.)

Yes, we have heat domes, indictments and droughts this summer. But we also have ... the Barbie movie. 

Labels: , ,

blogger counters