Thursday, February 15, 2024

Paean to Portability

Let us pause for a moment to praise portability. Here I sit in my kitchen rocking chair, laptop on lap (actually, laptop on lap desk on lap), able to sway back and forth to Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, now blaring from the radio, monitor soup simmering on the stove ... and also write this post.

This is nothing new. I've drug this trusty machine all over the world. But given that I came of age first on typewriters and later on desktop computers, the fact that I'm able to hop around the globe or the house, creating a workspace wherever I sit, is nothing short of amazing. 

What does portability provide? Ease and freedom. Today I'm appreciating them both.

(Sometimes the laptop is almost lost amidst the clutter that surrounds it.)

Labels: ,

blogger counters