Tuesday, September 6, 2016

After Labor Day

How quickly one gets used to the unregulated life. Even though last week's wedding preparations kept me crazy busy I was able to complete the tasks on my own time and in my own way. The work world demands a regimentation I've taken great pains to avoid.

It's why I became a teacher after college graduation. I figured out that I could stand nine highly regulated months if I could have three highly unregulated ones to make up for it.

Today I feel the back-to-work burden in my soul. Maybe it's because I'm still half-exhausted from the wedding. Or maybe it's because on the day after Labor Day, the traditional back-to-school day, regimentation is in the very air we breathe.

Since I just completed a major project it feels like this should be at the beginning of relaxation not the end of it.  But when the work engrosses, these feelings pass. And it will. I just have to give it time.

Labels: ,

blogger counters