Thursday, July 27, 2017

Cereal Thoughts

Celia subscribes to a cereal blog, in which she gets the latest word on campaigns and brands. I haven't gone that far, but I am a big fan of a certain cereal, and I want to take a moment to sing its praises.

I speak of Special K. 

There is no other cereal one can munch that is quite so close to consuming nothing at all than this longtime favorite of mine. 

I just finished nibbling a handful of the stuff and I'm here to tell you the flakes have almost no taste. Which makes it perfect to snarf while writing stories, building Power Points and answering emails. It was also my favorite power food for the long drives to Kentucky I used to make.

Say what you will about flax seed and steel-cut oats. I'll take my rice, wheat gluten, sugar and defatted wheat germ with its six grams of protein, .5 grams of fat, its Vitamins A, D, B12 and folic acid. That's without milk, of course, which is the way I like it.

Labels:

blogger counters