Thursday, May 2, 2019

Welcoming May

I'm one day late in welcoming May, my favorite month. It helps that both my sister and I were born in it (though none of my girls, they're summer/fall babies). It helps that the weather is warming and the summer is coming. And there's a certain horse race in Kentucky that can usually be counted on to add some pizazz to the month.

When I was a kid, May also meant the end of school. It was almost more excitement than my little heart could take, a birthday and school's out in one terrific explosion of excitement.

I'm far removed from those rhythms now, but I like to remember them. They remind me of an earlier, slower, more rounded time, when life flowed at a pace resembling sanity.

Now here it is May again ... and so soon. But it's always good to welcome it.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters