Thursday, December 31, 2020

The Joys of 2020

I don't always write about the year's end on New Year's Eve. Sometimes I write about a Christmas carol or getting more sleep or any number of other topics. 

But 2020 deserves a sendoff post. A sendoff that includes "good riddance," of course, given what a difficult and tragic year it has been for so many. But because it's a year that has been joyous for my family, a post of gratitude and amazement, too. 

So here's to our Seattle crew settling into new work and study and apartment, exploring the city right outside their door. And here's to Bernadette with her amazing smile and huggable little body. And here's to Isaiah, who beams with pleasure and shrieks with joy. 

As much as I would like to kick 2020 out the door, I can't help but linger for a moment at all the wonder it brought us. That said, though, come on 2021. We need your sanity. We need your hope.  

(Photo: Claire Capehart)

Labels: ,

blogger counters