Friday, February 17, 2023

Always Evidence

I'm writing this post as a break from designing an economic system. It's a class assignment, of course. I don't design economic systems just for fun. 

But once I've gotten going on this project, it's more enjoyable than I thought it would be, somewhat like the hours I'd spend drawing pictures of houses when I was a kid. They had towers and secret passageways and all sorts of bells and whistles. I didn't worry about the cost or the plumbing. I gave my imagination full reign.

This assignment is not quite so free-form. We must explain what this system would produce and cite evidence to prove our case. But one thing I've learned in my brief time as a graduate student is that there's always evidence ... somewhere. I'll go and look for some now. 

(A market in Myanmar, 2017, part of a more sustainable agricultural system.)

Labels: ,

blogger counters