Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Raking Words

A new hard-copy journal is always a cause for celebration. I go through several a year, and lately I've been using up the ones I have stowed away in my closet. 

The new one is not my usual basic black. It's royal blue with a whimsical drawing of a formally-attired man (a butler?) raking "leaves" from the bountiful library around him. The drawing is titled Autumn.

Did I buy it for myself? Probably not. If it was a gift, then, I have a couple of people in mind who might have given it me me. They both have a good sense of humor.

Meanwhile, I'm thrilling to the journal's smooth paper and magnetic-close cover. I'm four pages in; I have a lot of raking still to do.

("Autumn" © Benoit, licensed by Riley Illustration, published by teNeues Verlag)

Labels: ,

blogger counters