Friday, May 3, 2019

A Modest Proposal

For the last couple weeks I've been single-tracking it, consumed with a big project at work that is absorbing most of my waking hours. It's still under wraps, this project, but suffice it to say that it involves some historical research, some text writing and some speech writing.

It makes me realize how fast the hours can pass when one is engaged in interesting work. But it also makes me realize how important it is to be balanced. It's harder to think of post ideas this week, for instance. It's harder to do my own writing.

Ideally, there would be double the amount of hours in every day. I would have the time to be as absorbed in my own work as I am in the paid stuff. It would still be exhausting, of course, but just think of how productive I could be!


Labels: , ,

blogger counters